The Ride Leader Credit Program allows VS club members, that lead VS club rides, accumulate credit that can be used towards VS club membership or acquiring club clothing. The following guidelines determine how Ride Leader Credit is earned.
1. Club members will earn one Ride Leader Credit for each ride led on behalf of the club.
2. On rides that require co-leaders, the ride co-leaders will also earn one Ride Leader Credit. Ride co-leaders may not be added for credit within 72 hours (3 days) before the scheduled ride time.
3. Credit is only given for rides led by a current VS club member. Rides lead before club membership is renewed will not earn credit.
4. Credit is only given for rides published in the VS Newsletter or rides added to the on-line Ride Calendar more than 72 hours (3 days) before the scheduled ride.
5. Credit is given only when leaders actually ride in the scheduled ride.
6. A substitute leader may receive credit if the originally listed leader is unable to lead the ride.
7. Ride sign-up sheets must be received by the VS Office within 30 days of the ride date to earn rider leader credit.
8. A valid sign-up sheet entails a minimum of three riders (do not need to be club members).
9. Ride Leader Credit will be accumulated from January 1st to December 31st. Ride Leader Credit will not carry over to the next calendar year.
10. One credit is given for volunteering for the Cinderella Classic & Challenge and VS Race Team races .
Redeeming Ride Leader Credit
A maximum of 30 Ride Leader Credits may be redeemed per calendar year.
- 3 Credits = VS Club Socks
- 5 Credits = VS Club Membership
- 6 Credits = VS Club Arm Warmers or Gloves
- 12 Credits = VS Club Vest
- 15 Credits = VS Club Jersey or Shorts
- 20 Credits = $100 gift card at your Local Bike Shop